Wednesday 30 March 2011

'twas a nice day for a White wedding

The weather was lovely and the venue was pretty. The groom looked dapper and the bride looked stunning. All was set for a wonderful White wedding. And what a fun day it was! Congratulations Dave and Rachel White and thanks for sharing your special day.

The New Mr & Mrs White
I decided to use some the vintage kimono fabric I have been collecting to make a cushion for their wedding present. I used natural linen fabric as the base and a different piece of silk kimono for the detail on the back to add an extra bit of interest.

Front of cushion and close up detail
back of cushion

For their card I wanted to do something a little different from a wedding scene of a bride and groom. I was inspired after making my Mother's Day 'One in a 1000000' card design to play with typography a little more.

The final design I chose used the date of their wedding as the main design element. Butterflies were a feature of their wedding invitations so I wanted to use them on the card (I am also a bit obsessed with butterflies so probably would have used them regardless!) I used Romantiques as the font and some amazing brushes and textures I found online. Click to link through to the sources.
Wedding Card Design

 It was also the day I got to wear my lovely Lady!Behave feathers! I have so far resisted wearing them to work everyday since
An early-in-the-day photo before the champagne and
barn dancing...

In shop news I will be putting my Easter cards on sale this week and I am working on some summer picnic accessories so keep an eye of for them! 

xx

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU FOR USING MY BRUSHES.
    Looks great on the invite:)

    ReplyDelete