Wednesday 29 June 2011

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside...

So finally I can reveal the amazing peep-through picture my cousin painted for my Vintage Seaside Birthday Party. I found this brilliant picture on the interweb, baked some lavender almond biscuits and away she went!


So many brilliant things about this picture.

I prepped the background first. The picture was made from some ply leftover from work on the van. I found some white paint, gold spray from Christmas and a bit of teal tension and had a great time splashing paint about in the garden.




Then it was time for Helen to do her thing...







I love the glitter details on her star bra and scales. They have been nick-named Madison and Alan after the tremendous film Splash.

TADA!
While Helen was painting this seaside master piece I was making my dress for the party. I had bought some brilliant stripy fabric to make curtain for the van but that never happened. So now it is this...



Just the right side of deckchair. I used one of my favourite dresses as the template and with Slim's help it turned out rather lovely. And I discovered dress making and carpentry share quite a few skills and I shall be enlisting Slim for dress making assistance in the near future.

Bunting and comedy seaside glasses were the natural choice for decorations.




Which only left one more thing to consider- the drink! I am a huge fan of gin and edible glitter and my two loves were successfully combined in these gin and tonic jelly shots. I adapted this recipe from the Domestic Goddess herself.

Glittery booze- oh yes!


It was an ace and very silly evening. Thank you to all my lovely friends who helped make my birthday so special xx

2 comments:

  1. jenna goodJune 29, 2011

    Love, love, love...makes me miss you guys! Let's have a sunny crafting day soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I love your blog and I've given you the Versatile Blogger award. You can grab the button and read the rules at my blog. Enjoy! Anna x

    ReplyDelete