Thursday 25 August 2011

Hands up if you love long weekends...

ME ME! I Do!

Hands up if you like how long your last day at work is before the long weekend.

Nope, it sucks.

But not to worry- my little brain cells are hard at work planning some crafty projects for my bank holiday stay in Knighton. I was given some amazing West African fabric by Mark & Kaylene for my birthday so I plan to make something from that. So today I am going to be searching for a suitable pattern.

I am thinking either a maxi skirt like this
The romantic in me can't resist a
floor length skirt
which I love but not sure if it will be the right fabric to get this effect or something like this
I do love a good pocket...
The fabric has a lovely lace detail around the bottom so this skirt might be a better way to show it off. And might be more work friendly.

Or there is this pattern that I found a while back.
I like the pleats in this one
but again the fabric might not hang right. hmmmm. I have to admit that I never thought matching patterns to fabric would be so difficult. I think this has been the most difficult sewing lesson to learn. As I still haven't mastered zips or buttons (sewing wise- for the record I am perfectly capable of using them) I am a little limited in my design choices. I guess I will just have to have a play around!

I am also planning to finally finish my camping cushions. They never made it on to my folksy/etsy stores for summer but I am determined to at least finish the prototypes I started back in June.

Stay tuned for a phototastic blog coming soon...

So for now I will leave you with this piece of  photoshopping that occupied me yesterday afternoon.

Happy bank holiday everyone x



P.S. Just to let you know days one and two of the drawing challenge have been completed and so far I am pretty pleased with the results. I hadn't been prepared for just how challenging it would be but that, I guess, is the whole point...Today it is my favourite food- a torturous thing to think about after work. If you're on my train tonight it's just my stomach rumbling!

1 comment:

  1. I'd go for the middle skirt... the others are lovely but I think the middle one would show the fabric off best. Although I haven't seen the fabric. And can you send me a bank holiday please? We don't have one till the end of October here in Western Australia :(

    ReplyDelete